Friday, January 23, 2009

Ben got his first stitches

Wednesday night Ben fell on the step going from our family room to the kitchen and his bottom two teeth cut right through his upper lip. I've never seen anything like that before and it kind of freaked me out. It's so sad to see his cute face get his first scare. Ben's doing fine, in fact he didn't even scream out when they put the numbing shot right into the cut. We are so proud of him for handling this so well. Now we just need to work on mom handling things like this better.

4 comments:

Rob said...

Lily was telling us about Ben's teeth all day. She thought it was cool. Apparently, he's not too young for the girls to dig a battle scar.

Julie said...

Poor Ben! I can definitely see how you would be the one more traumatized, though. I was about his age when I got my first stitches, and in the exact same place. :)

Natalie said...

Ben's a toughie! Love the blog! Keep up the good work and get that slide show done when you get a minute. Your family is great!

Cris said...

Oh that reminds me so much of raising my kids...I had one son that was in to the emergency room so many times that Cottonwood Hsptl ran a child abuse investigation on me. After meeting my son and spending an hour or two with him they closed the book on that investigation. He was such a whirlwind, an accident waiting to happen! He did survive his childhood though!